POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Auto render off (but still on) : Re: Auto render off (but still on) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:54:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Auto render off (but still on)
From: Chris B
Date: 29 Sep 2009 04:24:26
Message: <4ac1c43a$1@news.povray.org>
"Darats" <damien___@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:web.4ac12a36a3ae398e98b5d1e80@news.povray.org...
> "Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> "Darats" <damien___@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've a problem with the auto-render feature, I disabled it but every
>> > time I
>> > double-click on a pov-ray file, it just opens pov-ray and still start
>> > rendering.
>> > I would like to open every file just into the Editor and be able to
>> > start the
>> > rendering only manually.
>> >
>> > I've checked and the Autorender is 0 (off).
>> >
>> > Could you please help me ?
>> >
>> > Thanks a lot.
>>
>> The Auto-Render setting under the Render file menu is for the File Queue
>> (see
>> 1.5.7.6 in the docs)
>>
>> Assuming you are using windows (likely), it sounds like it is just your
>> file
>> association.
>>
>> When you left click on the file there should be 2 options with one in
>> bold:
>>
>> Edit with in POV-Ray
>> Render with POV-Ray
>>
>> the bolded one is the default and it sound like it's set to render.
>>
>> If you don't know how to change this:
>> In Windows Explorer, go to the menu item [Tools/Folder Options...]
>> In the "File Types" tab, find POV extension, click "Advanced"
>> Select the "Edit in POV-Ray" action and click "set default"
>> Done!, click OK
>>
>> -tgq
>
> Thanks a lot, I see what you means with XP, but in fact I'm running Seven.
> Do
> you have any clue haw to do it with this OS (I think I should be the same
> as
> Vista).

On my Vista system 'edit' is already the default right-click option for .pov
files and I don't want to mess with that in case Windows screws everything
up. I therefore didn't try this, but the third option mentioned on the
following page seems to me like it might do what you want. Of course
downloading a utility off the Internet to manipulate your operating system
settings carries the standard health warning.

Regards,
Chris B